To our concerned patients
COVID-19 is a new virus and we are still learning how it spreads, the severity of illness it causes, and to what extent it will spread in the United States.
We remain committed to staying up to date on the latest information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic in accordance with CDC guidance.
At this time, as we have no proven treatment for the virus, the only way we can fight it is to limit the spread by preventing contact between people as much as possible
Atlanta Women’s Specialists has implemented the following changes in order to protect you and our staff:
- Temperature checks will be performed upon arrival to the office
- Patient rooms are thoroughly sanitized between each patient.
- We are prescreening our patients prior to visits and anyone with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or history of recent travel to China, Iran, Europe, Japan, or South Korea or anyone who has a recent known exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 will be rescheduled.
- Obstetric patients will continue to be seen in the office with select visits for low risk patients done through telemedicine
- We are currently only allowing patients themselves to visit the office. Partners, family members, friends, and children are not permitted in the waiting room or patient room.
- Annual gynecology exams will be rescheduled to a later date and current standing prescriptions will be called in for these patients.
- Urgent gynecology problem visits will continue to be scheduled.
- Telemedicine appointments will be scheduled for the following appointment types:
- Birth control consultation
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Infertility workup
- Pre-conceptual counseling
- Postpartum visits
- Select obstetric visits for low risk patients
- Northside Hospital has implemented a 1 support person policy. No additional family members or children are allowed to visit during your hospitalization.
What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Gynecology patients- contact your primary care physician’s office and look to www.cdc.gov for the most up to date recommendations
- Obstetric patients- call our office and talk to a nurse so that we may guide you on appropriate next steps
- We do not currently have in-office testing
We know these are stressful and trying times, and we are here to support you through this. As the knowledge we obtain evolves, so too will our processes, procedures, and recommendations. We will do our best to keep you informed. Please reach out to our staff if you have further questions or concerns.
Wherever you are in life, we help keep you healthy and happy.
Your first gynecological exam, a prenatal appointment, menopause relief — whatever the reason for your visit, you can expect kindness, patience, and easy-to-understand information. Partner with Atlanta Women’s Specialists for routine care to advanced procedures for the best possible health outcomes throughout your life.
Meet Our Doctors
Atlanta Women’s Specialists’ obstetricians and gynecologists are known for their skill, expertise, attentiveness, compassion, and empathic care.
Inside Our Office
We want you to enjoy your visit at our offices, so we’ve covered all the details — big and small — to meet your needs. There are two warm and friendly waiting rooms for separate prenatal and gynecologic care, and a peacefully private lactation room for your comfort and convenience.
We also have state-of-the-art ultrasounds and an in-office lab, which means we can perform many tests and procedures right in our offices. Our goal is to give you the high quality care you need and want, without needing to drive all over town to get it!